Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Line forum

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Topic Options
#25783 - 01/10/18 02:44 AM Just a note of thanks
Richard2 Offline

Loc: TN
Hello all, I've not signed on here for awhile, I been over on trapperman being a smart eleck. It's fun but I'd like to take a minute to thank you all for the serious advice I've gotten here either thru posting or the archives. 4 years ago before I ever set my first trap I read and asked questions here for 9 months. The result was I went out with my equipment prepared and some idea of what to look for and when I found that I had a basis to work from. I can't tell you how many times I sat on my butt looking at a possible set running thru my mind how would Hal, Ric, Musher or Redsnow set this? This point really got driven into me the last two weeks. I went to Alabama to trap beavers on purpose, I caught otter by accident and the conditions were different for Alabama. Frozen. I was walking on ice in Alabama, hmmm. I came back to the Sullivanes line archives and reread them. Bang, bang, bang. Otters on purpose. My first beaver in a snare and my biggest beaver all in one. My first under ice beaver, in Alabama? OK, Hal you get no credit for that one, you failed to do a under ice beaver book or video. But anyhow, just about everything I did was because I had a solid basis to work from and for that I thank you.
Richard

#25785 - 01/10/18 05:43 AM Re: Just a note of thanks [Re: Richard2]
Ric Offline

Loc: Wellington,OH=USA
Your welcome Richard.

#25786 - 01/10/18 06:11 AM Re: Just a note of thanks [Re: Richard2]
musher Offline

Loc: Qc.
You're very welcome.

You said it all when you mentioned preparation. That is a huge part of trapping.

The archives on this site are impressive. The no nonsense approach that is used to answering questions is what made them so impressive. Less bull to shift through when looking for an answer!

#25790 - 01/10/18 09:45 PM Re: Just a note of thanks [Re: Richard2]
Hal Offline

Loc: Blue Creek, Ohio, USA
We aim to please. smile

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.