Please observe our rules: No profanity. No flaming. No commercial messages. No personal messages please.

Trap Old Hollow Blog

Trap Line Home   Trap Line Forum   Trap Line Help   Trap Line Photo   Old Hollow Blog   Archives
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#26641 - 04/22/19 11:08 AM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Loc: WV
Well, I checked cameras #2 and 3 over the weekend. I have bear on both cameras, gray fox, coons, a grounhog, a turkey gobbler, and 2 buck deer with little nubs. The nubs are about an inch high. We had a hard rain the other day, the ground is just too soft to drive to camera #1. I'll check it in a week or 2.

In this thread or one of the others, we talked about how long a deer carcass would last, before it was consumed by "something". Back in March, the DOH gave me a deer carcass, it was all intact, with no flesh exposed. It was a buck deer that had lost it's antlers, I'll guess it at 120 pounds, live weight.

I unloaded it at camera #4. It was snowing when I unloaded it, so there were no flies or bugs involved. I checked it the next day, critters had opened up the hind quarters. All together I had 10 buzzards, 4 of the neighbors dogs, one is collie sized and the other 3 are small dogs. A red fox and a redtailed hawk working on it. After 48 hours most of the meat had been stripped off of it's shoulders. After 72 hours the only thing left was a piece of hide, shriveled up like a wet bath towel. Even it's skull was gone.

My opinion, even without the dogs, the carcass would have been gone in a week. It's too warm now to try it again. Some of the buzzards were the black headed ones, black vultures.

#26644 - 04/25/19 11:27 AM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

#26645 - 04/25/19 10:58 PM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

#26657 - 05/06/19 11:01 AM Re: 2018 Deer Antler, Fawn growth Trail camera thread. [Re: redsnow]
redsnow Online   content

Well, it's time to start a new deer/fawn picture thread.

Before I check my cameras again, I'm going to give you my run down on my Stealth G42NG cameras. That's the model number.

I searched again, "Top 10 trail cameras", the Stealth camera was listed in the top 5, of the 3 different reviews that I read.

I don't have any other cameras to compare, so take this for what it's worth. My cameras are over 3 years old, I bought the first one in April, 2016. I got the other 3 in May, 2016, I think.

The 4 of them have been out taking pictures since. Other than changing batteries and SD cards, and wiping the dust and gunk off now and then, I haven't touched them. They have a 1 year warranty.

Bear have messed with them a little bit, squirrels have been gnawing on them, I think Camera #1 has finally died. Just my opinion, for a $100 electronic tool, I'd say that I've gotten my moneys worth.

Here's a picture of Camera #2, a bear punched a hole in the front of it, that's been over a year ago. It's still taking pictures!

I'm checking with the fine folks at Stealth. I did read one thing, looks like they might give me a $50 discount, some kind of loyalty program. I'll let you know how that works out.

I did put up another camera at the Lower salt lick. Also found them online, a 4 pack for $400. Free shipping.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  Hal, musher, redsnow, Ric 

Sullivan's Line - Trapping Books, Videos, and Other Products for the Trapper.

Design and Production by Sullivan Promotions
Copyright 2000-2017  Sullivan's Scents and Supplies - All rights reserved.