While I've got a little time to kill this morning, I'll comment again. The last 3 pictures I posted are of room 2-C, the room over the kitchen.

Notice the styrofoam overhead, there's a "flea market" type of place near here, and they sell the 4' X 8' sheets for $5 each. That's 2" thick. Sure does make a mess cutting it with a circular saw, but good insulation. Used a bunch of fiberglass too. That room is sealed up tight, will be easy to heat. And found some used double-pane windows, cheap. I think it was $65 total for 3 windows. smile

But I wanted to tell you why some folks think the old shack is haunted.

Everyone that you talk to will give you a slightly different version. But, I'm 99% certain that a lady was found deceased in the house. I've been told that she was found room 2-C. I guess the old timers thought that it was taboo, to go use the room. Maybe the reason that it was never finished?

Rumor goes like this: A man confessed to bonking the woman on the head with a stick of firewood. I have no idea what year that was. Not sure if the case went to trial? Apparently, the charges were brushed-under the rug. Maybe he was a "somebody"? Never know?

But the house is build in the shape of a reversed "L". Once you get to the top of the stairway, there's no hallway. To get to room "C", you walk throught "A" and "B". Thinking about it today, if someone threatened a person, room 2-C would be your final refuge. A place where you'd have to make your final stand.

Just about everyone that would have "quality" second-hand information is dead. The last living descendent of the King family is in her 90's, in a nursing home today. I've met Mable King lots of times, we just never talked about what happened at the house.

I know a lady that works at that nursing home, and she's going to find out for me. Just interesting.

But I went up to the house the other night after work, it's only 18 minutes up the road, and fixed my supper. I fried 3 hotdogs and nuked a bowl of soup, washed my dishes and then sat in the rocking chair watching the gas fireplace thing till bedtime.

It'd been a long day! But I slept in room 2-C that night, best night's sleep I'd had since the last time I stayed at the King's house. It's peaceful up there! And still haven't had any spooky encounters, but it's almost Halloween. smile